January 14, 2011

Landscape - California Travels

Here are a few photos from California that I shot on my SLR. The first photo here is not nearly as good as I originally planned. While driving down the 101, I saw a breathtaking scene, where billowing fog was whirling in the deep orange glow of the setting sun. By the time I caught my breath and determined that this constituted enough of an emergency to allow stopping on the side of the mountainous freeway, I was a valley too far down the road and thirty seconds too late to catch the light that I wanted. I had just enough time to fire off a couple of maladjusted shots before it all sank into a blue-grey, hence the black and white final rendering. Oh well, at least I got to see it, even if I can't show anyone else. The other three are from in and around San Francisco. Much less of a story there.




No comments:

Post a Comment